When it comes time to purchase new window treatments for your home, there are many reasons to consider shutters. Interior wood shutters are durable window coverings that come with several advantages over other products like blinds and curtains, and with the wide variety of styles available today, you’re sure to find a shutter that suits your style and budget. In today’s post, we’ll review a few of the benefits you can expect when you choose this stunning window covering, and we’ll also review a few of the most popular types of panels for homeowners.
If you are a homeowner in Marietta who is searching for high-quality custom shutters, look no further than Hayes Shutters. We specialize in creating beautiful interior wood shutters that are customized to your desired specifications and style. Check out how our shutters are made and then call us at 706-671-2837 today to get your order started!
Why Choose Shutters?
In a previous post, we reviewed the many advantages that interior shutters have over other types of window coverings. To review, many homeowners enjoy the following benefits from installing this type of window treatment:
- Appearance and home value. Shutters look great from the outside of your home, and they look amazing on the inside, too. Additionally, you may experience an increase in your home value if you install shutters.
- Energy efficiency. The thick wood composition of interior shutters provides one of the most energy-efficient window coverings around, preventing cold drafts from coming in during the winter and keeping the hot sunshine out of your home during the summer.
- Safety. Other window treatments, like blinds, may have long cords that can be a strangulation hazard for young children and pets. Shutters have no cords, strings, or ties, and are very easy to use.
- Privacy. When you want to completely shut out the outside world and enjoy the privacy of your home, shutters are a fantastic choice. Broken blinds and sheer window coverings can’t compare.
- Durability. Blinds and curtains may last five to 10 years before they begin to look faded or become damaged with regular use. Shutters are made from wood and are incredibly durable.
If you are considering interior wood shutters for your home, you might wonder what kind of styles are available. Let’s take a look at a couple of the more popular varieties.
Popular Interior Wood Shutter Styles
Bi-Fold Shaker Style
True to the simplicity that defines traditional Shaker style, this type of shutter is made from four solid, flat pieces of wood that may or may not have several raised sections on each panel. Just like bi-fold closet doors are joined with a hinge to allow easy opening and closing, this type of shutter also features hinges for smooth operation. If you’re searching for an interior wood shutter that provides privacy and completely blocks the sun, this might be the style for you.
As the most popular type of interior wood shutter, plantation style shutters are very popular in states that have warmer climates. They are most commonly recognized by their wide louvers that are usually 3.5 to 4.5 inches wide, and provide a timeless window treatment to any room of the home. Whether you’re looking for complete privacy in your bedroom or bathroom or you’re hoping to partially block out the sun in your living room, plantation style shutters are sure to meet your needs.
As you might guess from the name, this type of window covering mimics the style of shutters that are frequently found on the windows of cozy European cafés to provide privacy for the patrons. These wooden shutters are typically louvered and cover the bottom half of the window, providing a unique partial window covering that is as beautiful as it is functional. Homeowners typically choose to install these shutters in their breakfast nooks and dining rooms.
Half-Solid / Half Louvered
If you are looking for a shutter that strikes a balance between plantation and solid-paneled shutters, this might be the best product for your needs. This type of shutter panel is available in various sizes to accommodate the width and height of your window opening, and it features a solid wood bottom with a louvered top section. Aside from creating a stunning window treatment, it provides the privacy you’re looking for on the bottom with the adjustable light blocking slats on the top.
Interior Wood Shutters Marietta
Whether you choose a beautiful cafe or plantation shutter for your Marietta home, or you prefer the simple functionality of Shaker or hybrid panels, you’re sure to find the perfect interior wood shutters for your home when you shop Hayes Shutters. Our combination of old-world and new-world craftsmanship results in a superior product that other window coverings just can’t compete with. Contact our friendly team today to learn more about how you can benefit from having Hayes Shutters installed in your home!